I’ve spent a lot of time figuring out how to use C++ and UE4. So far, I managed to ruin my game and had to start from scratch, but now everything is working well. I got a walk/jump/crouch/flashlight system going. I also redid some of the textures and added new assets.
Here is a preview video:
I finally modeled a character! Fortunately, the character wasn’t too complex, and its design allowed for a lot of error (not an excuse though). The darkchild Stalker monster is tentatively complete. He just needs animated
Here are my blender screenshots
Here is the stalker in-game:
Long time, no see.
I’ve been busy working on things here and there. I did a color pass of the Feeder monster I sketched out last time.
I also did more work on prop modeling
Here is a plaster bucket I modeled really quick.
The plaster bucket wasn’t my only creation, I also made a few other things, which can be seen in my progress updates:
I redid the tunnel models to fit more of an “underground” feeling. I like these better. Much smoother looking.
For those unfamiliar, this is the second redesign pass of my Romy character for my game Sachtberg. I tried her with a longer neck and a more defined jaw (at least on the side view). I also threw some eye styles around to see what I liked. I don’t know how I feel about the wide open eyes I keep doing. It makes her look terrified.
The first redesign run of the character, Romy, for my game. I plan to try a few different styles and appearances, but this is the first of those trials.
I’ve been very busy the past few days. School starts in a week.
Here are screenshots from my game Sachtberg so far. Yes, the render quality sucks because I’m on my laptop. I did all of the modeling, lighting, and texturing myself.